Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Kieran down with flu

Kieran has flu and his temperature raises once or twice during the day, and usually once at night.

We brought him to see paediatrician at Mount Alvernia today.

I'm a tired mummy. Dark eye circles appeared again. Not going to let Kieran attend school for this week.

Thankfully daddy took childcare leave and Nai nai came to help out, otherwise things will be worse.

Kieran was so eager to get out of the house just now, he kept bugging us to go out. He kept saying “出去,出去,去 NTUC (Fairprice)” I told him, "等等好吗?等爸爸冲好凉才走。" He said “不好!不要等!” Then proceeded to help me take my shoes. "妈妈穿鞋。"He said. And then kept pulling at my bag, “妈妈拿bag。” Finally I told him "ok, 妈妈换衣服,换了衣服才可以出去。" He happily followed me into the bedroom to change clothes, knowing there's some progress in preparation to go out. I am done changing and was talking to him outside our bathroom door. Once daddy came out from the bathroom, he went out to get daddy's shoes, "爸爸穿鞋!"LOL. Not a minute lost. Kieran will make sure we don't dilly dally. He's super happy when we finally get out of the house and make our way to the NTUC store at the next block. He happily explored the shelves of interesting objects and making comments at every thing that interests him. Very active little boy. Doesn't seem like a boy with fever. We had actually wanted to bring him to NEX at Serangoon for some shopping after dinner but his temperature raised again so we decided that we will just go downstairs. And Kieran is satisfied with that. We bought a chocolate Swiss roll for breakfast tomorrow but he insisted on having it so I gave him one small slice.

I enjoy talking to Kieran very much. He could explain to us what he saw at Universal Studio last week, and how he felt about the fireworks, the rides and the things he saw and heard. Its so interesting to hear him talk and he's so cute.

His favourite toys now are Lego and stickers. He could spend several minutes assembling and de-assembling the Lego blocks, playing alone. I gave him my old sticker book filled with stickers I collected when I was young, and he loves playing with it. Of course most of the stickers were destroyed by him, but at least we don't need to buy new ones. He has got lots of old stickers to entertain himself with.

No comments:

Post a Comment