Saturday, May 18, 2013

Fever gone finally

I haven't been updating my blog because the past few days had been really difficult.

Dear precious Kieran was down with flu and had really high fever. He felt like a heat radiator when I hugged him to sleep. We sponged him, fed him panadol and nurofen as prescribed but the temperature continued to run high. Cough and runny nose too, disturbed him a great deal. He's cranky and sticky to mummy, and he wanted people to carry him and comfort him all the time. Seeing him so tired, unable to play and laugh like his active normal self made my heart ached.

I stayed over at my parents' place for the past few days as Kieran was unwell, I needed help especially with my ballooning tummy and tiredness due to pregnancy, and Hubby will be away for the weekend for retreat.

Sigh. It felt worse then confinement for the past few days. I missed the Robinsons sale. I couldn't meet my friends as arranged, and I couldn't leave him for long hours to go out for some me time. But I'm glad because actually staying at my parents' place is easier for child caring. Kieran is entertained throughout the day with lots of different people to talk to and play with, and he gets to go out and walk around the Neighbourhood. I think he likes it here better than being stuck with me at home all day.

Nowadays, I find it harder and harder to handle his needs. I can take care of the basic needs like showering, diaper changing, meals etc, but I reduced my time playing with him and reading to him, exploring picture books, drawing, and teaching him new things and concepts in books because I'm frequently so tired. I also couldn't bring him to the playground as often as I could before. My favourite activity now is to lie down, nurse him and play his soft toys with him. And I resorted to showing him videos and pictures on iPad as I'm too tired to do anything else with him. Usually I will wonder, oh gosh, it's only 3pm? What do I do with Kieran until dinner time?

Now he's sleeping soundly beside me. Fortunately. Today he is much better. He didn't have fever for the past 2 days, although he still has the runny nose and cough. The runny nose is getting better though.

Sometimes when I think about it, I find it pretty surreal. I'm now a soon to be mother of two children, a boy and a girl. God is kind to us. He knew I love to have a boy and Yilin wanted a girl. We were so blessed to have our small and happy family. And I'm so blessed to get help from my parents and parent in laws. Tiding through pregnancy with an active little toddler isn't easy! I'm so looking forward to the arrival of baby Caitlin. I saw more photo updates of my friends' second babies on Facebook. I thought I was pretty fast in having a second one. Others were even faster! The more I see those photos, the more I look forward to the day this little one arrives into our arms.

Baby caitlin is very active now, especially in the evening. Kieran and Caitlin were fighting even before she was born. While nursing Kieran, he accidentally pokes my tummy, and Caitlin would kick back at him. This is so interesting. I wish to see my two children interact soon!

I miss hubby so much. I miss my home too. Glad to move back tomorrow night although it also means I'll be on my own. I love the night time when hubby and I and little Kieran prepares for sleep. I'll brush Kieran's teeth, Yilin will lead our little prayer, and play with Kieran before tucking him into bed, I will nurse Kieran while daddy sings the "sleepy land" song which only mummy and papa knows how to sing.

I'm hungry again although I've eaten a lot in the evening. Well, I'm growing a baby in me! Time for snacks, and then to bed with my little precious darling.

3 comments:

  1. hubby is back. hope things get better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah Hubby, I didn't know u read this blog regularly. Haha. Yeah! Home sweet home.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete