Thursday, August 1, 2013

Full term

Today, 1 Aug, baby Caitlin is finally full term. The waiting game begins now.

I wonder which date she will choose to arrive. Hehe. Excited!

I have an appointment with Dr Ho today. We'll be doing heart beat test. I'm eager to meet Caitlin and also because this heavy tummy is tiring me out. I wonder what her weight is now. My appetite is still good, and my tummy has been growing and growing even when she's close to full term. I guess appetite will decrease now that she has already grown to her appropriate size?

Symptoms at this stage:

  • Frequent peeing and moving of bowels
  • Increased vagina discharge. Sometimes it comes off as big lumps. 
  • Fuller breasts. I squeezed. Still got milk although I stopped breastfeeding few months back.
  • Insomnia but Kieran always managed to help me with this by making me too tired due to caring for him
  • Tiredness
  • Hunger (yes, now I still have cravings for food, usually in late afternoon)
  • Nausea. That's why I do not dare to eat too much at one go even though I'm hungry.
  • Tummy dropped much lower. When I sit down on my dining chair, my tummy touches my thigh. That's how low it is now! I guess Dr Ho will tell me baby is engaged today!
  • Felt baby Caitlin giving me awefully strong kicks at top of my uterus, near the lungs, and felt her hicups where my pelvic bones are. So I guess she is still in her wonderful head down position. Please stay that way, dear baby!

Kieran is at school. Today he didn't cry much. He looked rather happy to go to school but he cried because he wants mummy to accompany him inside. I guess he likes the activities, toys and games he gets to play there, and the songs they sing. Just now I peeped in and saw him eating his bread by himself. Very obedient. And later on, after going to the coffee shop for tea and walking back, I peeped in again and saw him concentrating on his construction toys. He loves to assemble and disassemble things. That explains why he loves lego so much. Happy to see that he's not crying and doing activities in school.

Last night, he rolled a sticker in his palm and told me he's making "tang yuan" and its tang yuan that cannot be eaten. I guessed his teacher must have taught him that and they must be playing play dough.

Kieran's physcial growth spurt must have ended, but he seemed to be having a brain growth spurt. Nowadays, he couldn't stop talking and couldn't stop asking "what is this?" and he kept wanting to "read book, read book". I just made him recite di zi gui this morning coz he woke up early and he can recite the zong xu. Very happy. I sent the video to hubby and his grand aunt. They'll be proud of him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment