Tuesday, April 23, 2013

last injection of babyhood

Kieran just had his last injection of babyhood.

18 months booster for 5 in 1 jab on the arm and the second MMR jab on the thigh. He didn't cry at all when the needle poked his arm but he cried when the needle poked into his thigh. He cried for awhile and stopped while we went out the door. Wiped his tears and sniffed. My super brave baby boy! The little girl who had her injection before him, also 18 months old, cried even before the needle was poked. I guess thats the difference between boys and girls. Haha.

He's now very very sleepy and is sleeping and sleeping away. He slept the moment we came back from Seng Kang polyclinic and slept for about 2 hours. Then he played, ate although appetite wasn't very good, and he read books. I brought him downstairs to have a walk and play at the playground, then he came back, bath and is sleeping now. He complained that his buttock itch. My dad was scratching for him while he lie down on his bed and I guess he felt so comfortable that he fell asleep.

Poor baby. I hope he won't get fever tonight. MMR fever comes in anytime between 4 to 14 days after jab. So after 6 May, he'll be safe.

Looking forward to more baby gatherings! His friend Jasper came back from Poland for a visit and we held a playdate at our home with 5 babies in total. Very cute babies and fun day for babies and parents.

Will be uploading the photos soon, once I got them sorted.

Baby Yun Xi is kicking more now. Strong kicks and somersaults usually in the evening when I lie down to rest. This time with second baby, time seems to pass faster. Very soon, it'll be May and it'll be 3 more months to delivery date which is 22 Aug. Looking forward to cuddling a baby girl in my arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment