Thursday, April 11, 2013

18 month old

Today, 10 April 2013, Kieran Sia Yun Xuan is officially 18 months old!!!

He's approximately 89cm, a very tall boy! He's getting heavy too! I'm happy he inherited his dad's genes. Fair, tall, and well, good looking. LOL Of course every mother will think their kid is good looking.

One bad thing is he's having teething pains and just now he cried pitifully before sleep, complaining about his ya ya yang yang (teeth itchy). Poor boy. Hubby and I were patting him, hugging him, using toothbrush to brush and ease his pains and itch, and me nursing him, until he feels much better and fell asleep.

This week is Child care shopping week. Going to The Whole Child Nurture Centre near Kovan MRT to take a look tomorrow morning, and on Sat, to the childcare near my home, the Ci Ai Education Incubator.

I'm not really looking at placing him in full day now, just a half day programme to get him used to playing with kids, in an environment without mummy, getting used to school life and being independent. As I'm currently not working full time, there's a lot of things I could do with him still, of course until my tummy gets too big and I get too exhausted with the walking and carrying when bringing him out to play. Until then, I want to try letting him learn to self-feed, to toilet train him, to bring him to the library and play at water parks, or play at his favourite Barney Che che and other kiddy rides whenever I could make it. Whenever I feel I have the energy, I will make time for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment