Friday, March 22, 2013

Talkative little boy

He never stops talking. If he isn't talking, he's making "vroom, bi bo bi bo, or eee orr eee orrr" noises of cars, bikes, fire engines, police cars, ambulances, etc. These are his latest craze. Oh and "choo choo trains" too.

I've been teaching him to love the baby inside me even before she is born. I teach him that inside mummy's tummy is a baby. He knows how babies look like. He saw videos, pictures and real life ones on the MRT, and he loves them. Today he pointed to my tummy, kiss baby by kissing my tummy, and sayang baby by gently stroking my tummy, and said "Baby, baby..." Then he saw a picture of a baby on the video on iPad. He pointed to the baby on the iPad, pointed to my tummy, and said "Baby. 一样 (mandarin for "Same"). Same." So smart! He really surprised me as I didn't know he understood what I wanted to teach him so well, and that he can verbalise the words so clearly.

At 17 months, Kieran can say many things clearly. Today, he told me he wants to "sleep" 睡觉 in mandarin. And he pronounce "giraffe", "lion", "apple" all these words very accurately. Just last week, he could only call them "raf", "arghh (to show lions roar)" and "per". How fast children develop!

He can walk very steadily now and he can carry a heavy toy fire engine as he walks. My little toddler has come a long way from being a babbling and crawling baby to a big boy who can talk and walk and very soon, run!

He loves to learn names of objects. He points to things and will look at me and say "emm" if he wants to know what they are called. I will tell him their names and he will repeat it and record it in his smart little brain and then from then on, he know what they are and will tell people the names of the objects if people ask him to. The billions of neurons in his brain is certainly working hard day and night! When I point to an object and ask him what it is, and he doesn't know it, he will also look at me and say "emm", and patiently wait for me to teach him.

Today he did something funny too. He was going to sneeze but the sneeze was gone half way... so he went ah ah ah... and the "choo" didn't come. I was staring at him and waiting for the sneeze to come. When it didn't, he looked at me, and I looked at him, and then he suddenly said "Ah choo." I laughed and laughed and he laughed too. Super funny little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment