Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pregnancy feeling update

I'm 18 weeks pregnant now, second trimester, and I'm feeling so much better!

No more nausea feeling. I'm just occasionally tired. And I even have enough energy to bring my boisterous little 17 month old to play at the playground, to NEX shopping mall for his Barney Che che rides, and to Isetan and other shopping places for him to shop around the toys department. He will always go "Choo choo train!!!", picks one favourite, says "Mine!" and then carries it around as he explores the shelves and shelves of toy paradise until he saw another one that interest him more, and then he will shout "Big big truck!!! Mine!!!" and he puts down the train and carries the truck around instead. Mummy is very very smart. When its time to go and he needs to be strapped to his stroller and go elsewhere, I will wait for him to feel bored with one toy and then tell him, "Come, if you sit on your stroller, mummy will give you a nice sweet/biscuit/xiao man tou/seaweed (depending on what treats I have for him)." and he will usually be trilled to be put on the stroller and enjoy his lovely treat.

So its a No Tears method for mummy and Kieran. Off we go from the Barney Che Che to the toy department to buying a Japanese baked "fish" shape chocolate cake for mummy and Kieran (coz I'm hungry), and then we go home. Lucky the rain stopped before we set off from NEX. I brought him to my parents house which is quite near NEX. And now he's having dinner with grandparents while I relax and do some online shopping in the room.

A nice nice day for mummy and baby. And most probably for the little one inside me too!

Some complaints

Daddy has to go for the National Service tonight which deprives us one evening of family time... sigh. I wish the government won't force guys to go for so many years of National Service even after they complete their 2 years of service. Its such a waste of time, and disrupts our family life. If there's a chance Kieran can study or work overseas and he has a future there, I hope he can then decide to spend his life elsewhere and not have to come back to do National Service. I don't think the 2 years is a problem... its the continuous going back for tests and one or two week services that is really disturbing. If this little one is a girl, then she's lucky she won't need to go through it! Haha. Anyway in many years time, our social fabric is going to undergo a big change where native Singaporeans will be replaced by foreigners and newly converted citizens. One question how diluted our National identity is going to become with it becoming increasingly diluted with too many non Singaporeans joining the country and citizenship too quickly. Sometimes even a stay at home mom like me wonders what the hell our government is thinking. Some years ago, life is still bearable, but now, the "crowded everywhere" feeling and the "non Singaporeans" everywhere feeling is getting quite prominent to ignore. Oh well. Next year, I hope to rejoin the workforce soon, and I hope by that time, everything will be better! Better childcare policies, better protection for working mothers, better family life balance in the workplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment