Monday, January 14, 2013

No confinement

Firstly, for this second birth, I will not do confinement.
Secondly, I will have my mom stay over to take care of baby and when I found a full time job, she'll either stay on to take care or bring baby or bring baby to her home n hubby n I will visit baby every evening n bring her home on weekends.

I'm at my wit's end.
I do not believe I can look after my toddler and a newborn myself effectively, even if u give me a maid.

If my mom can't manage, we'll probably have to find a nanny. And I hope we can find a trustworthy one. Or infant care. But there r no nearby infant cares n I prefer a good nanny to an infant care. Coz as I heard from a friend who worked there, they r encouraged not to hold baby often even when baby cry. It's mostly change diapers n bathing n feeding, and they r only to give attention at scheduled times. Most of them r pressured to feed baby more than they need as parents will question why baby did not finish their precious EBM. But then babies don't work this way. They feed when they like n they will refuse when they r done. She told me she witnessed some babies being forced so much that they have phobia of milk. And when baby r fussy, the more bad tempered care givers will beat them. Not to be discriminating but I was told these r usually China people. It's easy to understand. They are cheap foreign workers, they have to work long hours n they probably chose this line because they have no other choices. Not all of them r like that. There may be some gd ones but there r enough cases of black horses to warrant caution against them. Sigh. This whole infant care concept sounds pretty much like a farm to me :S but sigh... If I've no choice then I'll have to send her to an infant care.

How to cope with life like that? I'm already dreading the impeding doom. But yet I'm looking forward to seeing my daughter and hoping with ALL my might that this time, she will finally have my husband's eyes! Please have papa's eyes and papa's nose. It's ok if you have papa's curly hair too as little girls look cute with them, like angels. But if prefer mummy's straight black hair, that's fine too. Make sure you have more hair than your gor gor, otherwise I can't tie it n plait it nicely. And be more guai too, don't bully ah mah as ah mah will be taking care of you. And you be nice to mummy and come in natural birth ok? And don't take too long to arrive n made us worried ok? Try to come on 9 Aug. it'll be pretty cool to have a SG National Day baby. And who knows? We might appear on the Mount Alvernia hospital magazine! Isn't this cool? U r our pretty angel, babe :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Suqi,

    Im not sure if you remember me but you had gave me an encouraging comment in my blog last year when I was breastfeeding my baby!

    Congrats on your 2nd pregnancy! I can relate to the things you are going through right now. I am still taking care of my baby by myself with no help. very limited help from external family members so my hubby and I can only rely on one another.

    Its definitely tough having to gaggle two kids and learing to keep your marriage especailly if the age gap of your children are close.. and my hubby and i are still drowning in the midst of trying to do all these haha..

    I used to think that there's no way I can manage my toddler and baby alone at home by myself. But I done it because as mothers you will be strong and do what u have to do when the time comes.. just like labour.. you are scare and in pain.. but somehow you will have the strength to deliver your baby..

    Its normal to feel overwhelmed sometimes happy sometimes frustrated, scared or perhaps guilt towards your first child cause you know you won't be able to focus on them 100% once baby is born.. or perhaps resentment to the unborn child.. I went through all that..

    Just wanna let you know you are not alone if you are feeling down and blue.. and if you ever need to ventilate your thoughts and feelings.. you can email me anytime and I will try my best to reply asap..

    ReplyDelete