Friday, January 4, 2013

dealing with pregnancy and toddler

Well, you can't say Kieran is really a toddler yet... he can't toddle. He can only crawl and occasionally stand by himself.

Its good that the morning sickness this time round sets in in the evening so that I have energy to take care of Kieran when hubby goes to work and I am alone at home with him. He is demanding of attention. He wants milk milk, wants to play, wants to "um" everything I am eating and yet refuses his main food when I give it to him. He can talk and talks all the time. He can say lots of things and even repeat number one to ten in mandarin after me! His verbal ability develops really fast but not the walking ability.

This baby is considered more guai than Kieran when he was inside me last time. She doesn't make me feel terribly horrible, like I'm having some kind of terminal illness and going to die. If she had been the first child, I'd still be able to continue my work that time.

But then I still couldn't accept the fact that I'm going to have another one so soon. For the past few days, I sunk into depression and kept worrying and crying. My hubby told my parents about it and they came to see me. Our own parents who gave birth to us is the ones who love us unconditionally, and will make the most sacrifices for us. I told them I really thought of us giving up this pregnancy. My mom offered to stay with me from mondays to fridays until this one is old enough to go to childcare. I intend to go to work as soon as baby is about 3-4 months old.

Sigh I really hope I can survive this and that my parents and hubby and Kieran can survive this. God, this is a really major test you give us. A baby at THIS TIME? Gosh...

No comments:

Post a Comment