Thursday, December 22, 2011

Housewarming

We held a housewarming on 17 Dec 2011, which also was baby Yun Xuan's Welcome baby party. Oh well, he'll steal the limelight however we name the party :)

Yun Xuan was about 2 months and 1 week by the time we hold this "baby shower". I strongly believe baby showers should be held when baby is 2 or 3 months old. At least baby enjoy the company of people talking to and holding him. Why hold it so early when baby is 1 month old, so small and delicate, sleepy most of the time and mummy is most prob still recovering from post natal blues. At least on 17 Dec, baby Yun Xuan and I were able to enjoy the day! During confinement, I was so depressed, when people visited me, I had to force myself to act happy and smile. Sometimes I couldn't suppress the tears and they kept dropping even while I was talking to the guests!

We had intended to hold this baby shower together with our housewarming. We just moved into our new flat in Punggol. The weather was great that day. In fact, it was so cooling recently, its almost like Winter in Singapore. Haha. How I wish it was a real Winter. I would really wish to see snow. I've never seen snow in my life. We planned a trip to Europe but it had to be postponed indefinitely because little Yun Xuan came into our lives :D

Yun Xuan and me taking a picture with our neighbor Karen and son, Xavier. Yun Xuan's future playmate!

Daddy Yilin tried to soothe a hungry Yun Xuan.

Nai nai and Yun Xuan.

Yun Xuan giving me a one-sided smile... :)
Yun Xuan sat comfortably on Grandpa's leg. He looked so relaxed!
He's finally tired and took a nap in my arms. I love the peaceful look on his face when he sleeps. A precious little angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment