Monday, August 15, 2011

Baby items shopping again!

Seen Dr Ho for the usual check up and scanning today. I'm happy baby is now at normal weight of 1.6kg and growing healthily. Dr Ho said everything is normal and going well... that is the best reassurance a mother needs! I have, however gained 3kg in 3 weeks! LOL. The nurse said that's a bit too much. Oh well, I have a bit of water retention and my breasts and tummy have grown so much bigger compared to 3 weeks ago. I guess the weight increment is reasonable. I'll take care not to eat too much fried and oily food from now on.

After the check up, I went baby items shopping again. This activity is what always keeps me happy. Buying things for Baby Yun Xuan is most enjoyable, even though today, the bill comes up to $150+... Nvm, these are essential items and I've gone to a shop selling baby items cheaply.

I took a shuttle bus from Mt Alvernia to Bishan and then train ride to Ang Mo Kio because I want to go to the cheap baby items stall opposite Ang Mo Kio Polyclinic.

Completed most of the list of items that I said I wanted to buy in my last post:

4 sets of mitten and booties ($9.90 for 4 at AMK shop)
hard mattress (dad recommends seahorse brand) parents will buy
mattress cover
baby cot for him to sleep beside us in our new flat ($50 second hand) will collect tomorrow

- baby will sleep on mattress at grandparents' home
pillow and bolster (about $10.90 to $11.90 each)
pillow and bolster covers (forgot to buy)
beansprout billow (dad making for me!)
cotton balls and cotton buds (bought very cheaply at Chinatown, People's Park Market where a stall sells cheap household products)
nappy fasteners ($2.90 at AMK shop, actually should have bought at NTUC. Cost only $2.60. Tollyjoy brand)

nappy hooks (decided not to buy)
baby shampoo (J&J Top to Toe, bought very cheaply at Chinatown, People's Park Market)
baby bath
baby lotion (MIL say no need...)
nappy cloth ($25+ for 1 dozen at AMK shop)
wash cloth ($3.90 for 6 at AMK shop)
towels (MIL will buy)
brushes to clean milk bottles (bought at NTUC)
baby nail clipper ($5.90
at AMK shop)
I also bought Tollyjoy washable and reusable breast pads, a couple of baby caps, pampers for newborn just in case we need ($25+ at NTUC), and nappy liners ($6.90 at the AMK shop).
More items to buy:
pillow and bolster covers coz I forgot to buy them today
nappy rash cream
Ru yi oil
hard mattress and mattress covers
towels
Cot mattress set (can buy at later date)
Had a happy time shopping!
These days, however, back pain, muscle aches and swollen hands and feet are causing me some discomfort. I couldn't bend down as easily as I could before. I do Prenatal Yoga at COMO Shamhala and the Yoga teacher Sarah advised us to squat for 10min a day. I tried that today. Supposed to help strenghten the pelvic muscles. If I sleep too long lying flat on my back, I will get a nasty backache in the morning, so heeding the advice of the physiotherapist at Mount Alvernia childbirth class, I slept with a bolster propped up against my back, preventing myself from lying flat down, and with a pillow between my legs so that there isn't too much hip rotation when I lie on my side. If I dun put the bolster behind me, I'll most likely turn to sleep on my back unconsciously and get the nasty ache again.
The left stomach muscle right where my growing uterus meet the upper part of my ribs hurts ever so often. Usually, it hurts when I spend a considerable amount of time sitting, standing or walking. So after some activity, I'll take a break lying on my bed, propped with a bolster until the ache goes away. I'm not very sure what caused it or how to alleviate it. Perhaps I can talk to the physiotherapist this Thursday. I'm so very glad that I am not working now. Otherwise, the pain is going to be double. In addition, I'm waking up at least 3 times in the night to pee. Sleep disturbances. Luckily, so far, I dun really have insomnia. Perhaps coz there's no work stressors, so not much worries except a few of those hormonal-changes related emo-ing.
Oh yes, the water retention is not very obvious but I feel my shoes getting tighter, my feet and hands look "puffier" and my wedding ring was strangling my ring finger to death. So I removed my wedding ring with soap and water and I'm wearing it around my neck with a necklace.
Alright, going back to bed, to ease the pain in the stomach muscle... and to hug my hubby and adorable toy monkeys to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment