Monday, August 8, 2011

72 days more to baby's arrival!

Its 72 days more (18 weeks) to baby's arrival!

I'm going to visit curtain shops and door shops later with hubby to choose designs for our new home. Then, hubby will be going to his good friend's ROM wedding where he has the honor to be the witness. And then, I'll meet him to go to Takashimaya baby fair.

Yesterday, we brought all the things we bought to my parents-in-law's place because I'll be doing my confinement there. Mother-in-law will be doing confinement for me. My dad and mom went along as dad helped me drive the heavy stuff there including the Yao lan with the huge heavy base.

It was nice that all the elders, my parents, parents-in-law, and aunty (father-in-law's younger sister) are discussing happily about baby. Baby Yun Xuan is so blessed! He's the eldest grandson for both families so he got everyone excited about his arrival! :)

I saw a chinese book about food for confinement at their house, and felt very touched. Mother-in-law is putting in a lot of heart and effort into the confinement. The only thing I dislike is that doing confinement there means I must follow all the strict rules of no showering, no air-con, no fan (hopefully, she dun make me close the window too!), and no cold drinks. But I guess I can secretly do "illegal"things. I plan to take a warm shower before I leave the hospital, and I think I will secretly sip a few sips of cold water, and shower a few times when one else is around. I really cannot stand not showering. If I feel sweaty and dirty, I'll be in a terrible mood. But I do plan to relax and not trouble too much about taking care of baby. Maybe I'll stand by as Mother-in-law teach me how to bath him, change his diaper and just breastfeed him as and when he ask for it. After the first month, and we take baby home to our new flat at Punggol, it'll be a real test of how I can handle baby alone. I'm sure our mothers will be more than happy to help out but after all, I still have to do many things alone, and being able to succeed in them proves that I'm a good mummy, so knowing my own character, I'll probably stress myself to the max first before I ask mummy for help.

I'm so excited and yet so afraid of holding baby Yun Xuan in my arms! As a single lady, one of my worst fears is to hold a newborn because they are so delicate and their necks are so soft. What if I didn't hold them properly and let their neck drop uncomfortably? What if I accidentally drop them? Eeeks! Couldn't think of the consequences. I refused to hold any of my relative of friend's newborns... I can't imagine that now I'll be holding my own newborn baby soon. He'll be so precious and so fragile! God bless my little baby boy :)

We hope to sleep with baby Yun Xuan in our room beside the bed coz I need to breastfeed baby frequently even during the night for the first few months and it is more convenient to do it in our room, and hubby also wants baby to stay close to us. But we dun want baby to sleep in yao lan overnight, and we dun want to buy crib coz its bulky and baby outgrow crib fast. We wanted to buy co-sleeper but couldn't find a seller for second hand co-sleeper online... During confinement, baby will sleep on a mattress on a floor. But when we bring baby home, we put baby on mattress on the floor beside our bed? Then when I pick baby up, its going to be difficult having to bend down and squat down every 2-3hrs, no? Still unsure... maybe we should buy a cheap crip after all...

I am initially intrigued by Moses baskets! But considering that baby outgrows it after 1 year, I think better not. Moses baskets look so holy... like the prince or princess in fairytales sleeping soundly in it as fairy godmothers whisk in to bless him/her with their sparkling wands. But crib can be used up to 3 years old. Moreover mothercare Moses basket cost $99, and IKEA cot also costs $99... haha. hmm...



No comments:

Post a Comment