Tuesday, October 2, 2012

reaching the one year milestone

Kieran is coming to one year old in a week's time!
What are baby Kieran's milestones reached?

  1. has 4 front teeth, 2 upper and 2 lower. Really sharp!
  2. can crawl on all fours
  3. pull to stand up
  4. walk a little with support of the wall
  5. can crawl up and down the bed and coffee table
  6. recognise and try to say names of bus, car, star, ball, and today, I swore I heard him say "ah per" when I scrap bits of it to feed him! He points to the picture of bird, bear, and star accurately when we requested. He also roars "arghhhhh!" when he sees picture of a lion!
  7. recognise his head, nose, eyes, mouth, ears. Points to them when we ask him to.
  8. can flip a book, although not very well
  9. likes to interact with people, a natural magnet to people, even strangers on public transport
  10. can feed himself with hands

That's all I can think of now... Its amazing how fast baby grows up!

I'm proud to say that he's still having breastmilk and no milk supplements at all now!

I was away for the past few days and I missed baby so much! That was the first time I couldn't nurse baby at night for one night. Hubby said whenever he brought baby to our bedroom, and baby saw the bed, he made a really sad face and started to sob. He pointed outside, to ask hubby to bring him outside and pointed to several rooms so that hubby can bring him in "to look for mummy". When he couldn't find me after searching everywhere, he started fussing and was really sad. Hubby had to bring him downstairs to distract him and walked around carrying him until he was tired and fell asleep. When I went back, baby smiled sweetly the moment he saw me and started pulling my shirt, requesting for milk shortly after a hug.

Baby is my main motivation, and I enjoy every single moment with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment