Wednesday, October 10, 2012

One year old

This day, one year ago, was the day I first held my precious baby in my arms. A life changing event for me. I had grown up so much over the year, having experienced the pain, joy, sadness, heartache, exhilaration, and excitement that comes with motherhood. During the first 6 months, I really wanted to call it quit and I couldn't comprehend why anyone would want to have a baby just to torment herself. And now, like all experiences, once one forgets the pain, the sweet memories are all that remains. And I almost believe I'm ready for a number two! But to quote Darryl in "Baby blues", that's "just my ovaries talking" and I should ignore them. Happy birthday, dear baby. Thank you for coming into my life, for making me understand what it is to be a parent, and to truly appreciate and be grateful to my own parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment