Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fussy evenings

Phew everything is getting so much better. Baby is no longer so sleepy that he refuse to wake up for feeds. Infact, he wakes up almost every 2 hours to demand for milk! I'm a happy mom! In ther afternoon, when it's warm and he's snuggly swaddled, he will just sleep and sleep, so I've to wake him up but he feeds well after be woke up and realized he's hungry. So far, baby is feeding about 10 times day, sometimes drinking only 5min to quench his thirst and sometimes drinking up to 45min. He's asking for more milk at a closer interval which means he's growing up and needing more!

Baby's fussy evenings started this week and at first we were caught off guard, not knowing exactly why he kept crying n even spit out a lot of milk. Baby would demand for feed, but pull off or cry and cry when I offer him the nipple.

Now we catch Yun Xuan's pattern. During the fussy phase, he needs a lot of hugs, hear papa and mummy's voice talking to him, singing to him, and rocking him gently. I feed him milk when he's calm enough so that minimize the fussiness. His fussiness starts sometime around 7pm. Sometimes he can fuss until midnight or later, making us feel so exhausted. He just refuses to sleep and keep demanding for attention and feeds. I do not dare overfeed him though because there was once I fed him too much at a short interval and he vomited out the milk.

My lovely baby Yun Xuan is now putting on weight, apparent from the chubby look he now has, and he has grown so much taller! Mother in law says he's a really tall baby. He takes after his dad, thankfully! I dun want him to be 2cm short of 1.6m like me, haha.

Next week, we are bringing him to the Polyclinic to check how his jaundice is. Hopefully, the bilirubin level in his blood will go down. I have a feeling it has because he is so much more wakeful and alert now, and the yellow colour on his skin doesn't seem to be there anymore although the whites of eyes still has some yellowish stain. He doesn't seem to be a jaundice baby anymore. I wish Yun Xuan will be given an all clear by the Polyclinic doctor, otherwise it means more jabs and more blood test. So heartache.

I can recognize my baby's cry among the baby's cry at the nursery in the hospital. His cry is very unique and unlike other babies, his cry is very soft and gentle, not the loud wailing kind. But he likes to protest by making "errrr" sounds. He also makes this sound when he stretches while he sleeps. Very adorable!

I've to go back to cuddle my baby although I'm really tired. Lucky hubby is around to help me during his fussy evenings. If I handle him alone, my arms will break n I'll be so exhausted, I'll cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment