Tuesday, March 20, 2012

5 months going to 6!

Wow... baby is, today, 5 months 1 week and 3 days old.
He has come a long way from the sleepy head to the boisterous squealing babe who resists naps and screams for attention.
I love my dearest little babe no matter how naughty he is or how tired he made me. I realized until now, I have not scolded him once before. To me, it doesn't make sense to scold baby now. If he did something to inconvenience me like peeing on me and on himself, pooing all over, screams and cry at the most unlikely time, he didn't intentionally mean to do them, so scolding him doesn't stop from doing them too.
He's a darling too, always smiling, always squealing in delight, and always look so cute. He's a big magnet for girls at such a young age! The NTUC Fairprice cashier, a young and pretty lady just said he's very cute. He reciprocated with a lovely gaze with his large round eyes. If he's in a good mood, he'll smile but he was tired just now.

Now he is an expert at flipping over onto his tummy. He can swivel around on his tummy to the direction he wants to face. He pushes his head and shoulder up with his arms like a mini push up. He can't flip back onto his back yet though. Sometimes, he woke up in the middle of the night to practice flipping over but he couldn't flip himself back and couldn't sleep on his tummy, so he cried. That's super cute! He can sit, supported with his arms, and with no support from me for 1 min max while watching a youtube kiddy video on iPad but his arms will feel uncomfortable after awhile and he'll cry to complain. He can vocalise consonants and vowels now, saying meh, nah, neh... but he has yet to call bababa or mamama. I'm looking forward to that day!

He has stranger anxiety but he has yet to understand separation anxiety. But I am experiencing separation anxiety ahead of him! haha. I will not have him out of sight for long. So far, the longest separation since we move to our Punggol home is when Hubby and I went for a 2hr 15min movie at Bishan while leaving him with my parents in law at Ang Mo Kio and we rushed home after the movie. He slept with us every night because we just can't imagine having to sleep without baby. If he sees stranger, he'll cry or make a "I'm about to cry" face depending on his mood. If he is full and has slept well, he might happily accept the stranger. I made sure I'm always in his sight when he is in a place he has never been before, or when there are strangers around.

Babies are such lovely creatures! Little baby Kieran is God's gift to me! Oh now, i'm also teaching him to recognize both his Chinese and English name Yun Xuan and Kieran. My parents in laws call him Yun Xuan but my parents and sisters like to call him Kieran.

I'm exhausted on many days and I haven't been to a facial since I was pregnant. A stay home mom slough 24hr but for my darling baby, every sacrifice and effort put in is worth it.

2 comments:

  1. 30 minutes is great. me and my wife sometimes double team in the evening when trying to put our new princess to sleep at night. the little princess cries on and off for an hour or more before sleeping.

    Anyway HI! enjoy reading your articles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, vynny! Glad you enjoyed reading my articles :)

    ReplyDelete