Friday, September 30, 2011

Baby Kieran Sia Yun Xuan

Finally, we've thought of a name for baby! His name will be Kieran Sia Yun Xuan 謝允軒.


Water retention came at early third trimester, I guess its some time in mid 7th month of preg. Comparing myself then and...

... now.
You can see my face has gotten rounder. What's worse is that my feet were swollen so much that my comfy Croc shoes feel a bit tight, and my swollen hands ache when I wake up in the morning. Fortunately, some friends recommend taking red bean soup or black bean soup to ease the water retention. It really works! My friends commented that my face isn't as swollen as before and my hands dun ache so much anymore :)

Oh if you are a vegetarian mummy like me and you can't take DHA from fish oil. I recommend this supplement:
Salesgirl at Guardian introduce this to me when I tried to buy Vitahealth Flaxseed Oil which I used to take but they no longer carry Vitahealth. This one is Nature's Essentials flaxseed oil in vegi-softgels and suitable for Vegans.

I've also bought a block of baby soap made from Lemongrass, Olive oil and other natural ingredients without preservatives added. Bought from an organics shop in Hougang. I forgot the name of the shop. The soap brand is Yuan, made in Taiwan. I thought it'll be good to give my baby paraben free soap to use. These preservatives may not be clinically harmful to our body now but who knows about years later? I left the soap at my parents-in-law's place where I'll be doing confinement so no pictures, so sorry. I'm so not looking forward to confinement :( but of course I'm looking forward to baby's arrival! Can't wait for him to arrive! 3 more weeks (or less) to go! I'm seeing gynae every week now.

Sharing another picture:

We took this at Istana when it was open for public during Hari Raya. Security was tight but the guards were nice. Pregnant ladies need not pass through the electronic scan. They got a lady guard to physically check me. Nothing much to check though. I wearing tight fitting clothes, don't look like I could hide any weapons inside and I only carry a small bag. Of course my hubby carried a lot more stuff haha, mainly his DSLR. On first impression, Istana was beautiful, filled with lush greenery and I love the graceful white swans at the pond. After walking through the place, I think it's more like a huge golf course, and I don't think the land is used very often. The Jap and Chinese gardens are crap... They only one small tiny area each growing supposedly Chinese or Jap looking plants and have slightly Chinese or Jap looking structures but if they never listed them as "gardens", I'll think its just a small patch of land/pond. Never get to see the former President Nathan though.

2 comments:

  1. hey girl, not to worry. Just enjoy the moment and the process. Everything will be fine.. :) Once he has arrived, you tears will automatically drop and knowing that all the pain that you have gone through worth it.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sharon :)
    Appreciate the useful tips and advices from you. Take good care of urself and stay positive!

    ReplyDelete