Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Sister's Wedding!

16 November 2014 was an extremely exciting but tiring day for me! On this day, my younger sister got married to my very dashing and nice brother in law. The day before the wedding, my children and I stayed over at my parents' home because Kieran had to be up early and dressed to open the car door for Yi Zhang (姨丈). It is a traditional custom for Chinese weddings to have a boy relative from the bride's family to open the bridal car door for the groom.


Kieran opening the car door.

During the tea ceremony at my parents' home, poor Caitlin couldn't stop crying because she's so scared of strangers, and on that day, the house was brimming with a lot of people she hadn't seen before!

Finally, after the tea ceremony was over, my parents and the bride and groom went to the hotel to get ready for the banquet, while hubby and I washed up the place a bit, got the children home, got them to nap for a while and then prepared their dress and shirt for the night.

                             

Family photo at Zhi Ying and Sulin's wedding banquet.


Exhausted, the children fell asleep the moment we reached home. Caitlin actually fell asleep in the taxi and I had to gently take off her dress and put on her pyjamas while she snoozed on the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment