Friday, October 17, 2014

Cruelty Free Cosmetics and Skincare

I am a vegetarian, a Nature lover and animal lover. Frequently, on Facebook, I read and share PETA's post on cruelty to animals and how we can help to eradicate such behaviours. Recently I'm looking for new cosmetic products and I was searching on how to choose a good brand. And then I realised that to really love the animals, I have to show it through my actions, and that is not just by sharing PETA's articles and videos. I have to make a change in my lifestyle and my decisions. I have to be more aware of products that test on animals and I can help to send a message to companies that consumers like me who are animal and earth friendly will not buy their products if they are not cruelty free.

There are some good drugstore products that I am looking at so I searched for whether they are cruelty free. This includes Revlon, MAC, Bobbi Brown, Estee Lauder, Maybelline, L'oreal, The Faceshop, Skinfood, Missha, The Body Shop, etc. Here is what I found out:
  • The Korean brands did not state whether they are cruelty free and they are also not listed in PETA's list but I assumed they are not cruelty free.
  • Revlon does third party animal testing in order to sell in China. For many years, Revlon is cruelty free on PETA's list until they want to enter into China's market and has to test on animals before they can sell in China. Required by China's law. PETA even has to buy Revlon's shares in order to get them to come clean about it. http://www.peta.org/blog/peta-becomes-part-owner-revlon/
So in the end, I go for The Body Shop. I like their philosophy. If I want to spend, I want to make sure the money I spend does not hurt anyone or any animal or harm the Earth. I want to be a conscious consumer.

Got this lipstick in pink, cinnamon eyeshadow, eyeshadow blending brush and got a body butter free gift. Here's how I look with the make up. I haven't used pink lip stick for ages and being in the 30s, I thought pink might make me look younger. Haha!

 

Shu Uemura carries the best make up primer and UV under base but unfortunately, it is a brand under L'Oreal which means it does test on animals! Sad!
http://www.shuuemura.com.sg/makeup/make-up-base/uv-under-base-mousse-poreraser-in-beige-spf35-pa.html

No comments:

Post a Comment